Friday, January 16, 2009

How cold is it?


I got a new indoor/outdoor thermometer for Christmas . It has an electronic sensor that goes outside and sends a signal to the digital unit inside. We put the sensor on the screen porch on the south side of the house. Apparently the concrete slab floor generates a little heat. Yesterday morning it said it was 8 degrees. By all accounts on the television and internet it was -5. My wife said "What's the difference, It's COLD!" I moved the sensor to the other side of the house yesterday. It now reports 17 below zero. That's gone up a degree in the last hour. I went out this morning to the shed for firewood and I have to agree with Jennifer, It's COLD!

5 comments:

  1. We have a heat wave going on here, then. Our high is supposed to hit 20 degrees. I can't say that I miss the NY winters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect weather for snowshoeing! NOT....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sick of it!!!! - Having one of those thermometers would probably drive me bonkers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sitting outside reading this with a BIG smile on my face...To think, I was shivering this morning in my long sleeve t-shirt because it wasn't quite 60. Gotta love Florida in the winter!

    ReplyDelete